Friday, January 6, 2012

Are You Getting Unstuck

This really isn't my thing. I'm probably too old, or not in the mood for personal growth. Bah humbug! (I've had a sinus infection) Unstuck is a new iPad app that is creating lots of buzz; Oprah likes it apparently.
Unstuck was launched on December 8, 2011. Developed by SYPartners - a firm with nearly 20 years of experience in helping clients, leaders and teams transform themselves - it aims to help individuals from holding themselves back from achieving their goals and designing their futures. That's huge! Not bad for a free app.

Unstuck takes you through a process that helps you get out of stuck moments. First, it helps clarify what kind of stuck moment you're having, and what that says about your stuckness. You might be diagnosed as one of 11 stuck varieties that include the Tunnel Visionary, the Deflated Doer or the Perplexed Planner. I was defined as the Reluctant Adapter (along with 7% of other stuckees).  But given a different stuck place, I could be another variety, and, therefore, be taken down a different path. As any good algorithmic personal coach does, it takes you on a trouble-shooting journey (via fill-in-the-blanks), and helps you work towards a solution.

Some people are going to love it; it's easy, and simple in every way you could imagine. You're not going to get challenged in any meaningful way, and you will undoubtedly end up with platitudes like 'trust your gut', but if it helps, why not?

Why am I talking about this? Well, Unstuck has community ambitions. As the number of subscriptions increase, you will be able to share your stuckness with others who are - or have been - in a similar stuck place. You will be able to "work as a team and share the goodwill to help one another get unstuck." Collaborative unstuckiness!

I don't know. If I'm stuck, I think I'll do things the old fashioned way and sleep on it, or reach for Angry Birds.  

No comments: